Drogheda Women’s & Children’s Refuge Centre: Refuge Support Workers x 2
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
2 Refuge Support Workers (37 hrs per week) 1 year Fixed Term contract
Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG (DWCR) is a long standing voluntary organisation. We have been working in the community for over 20 years and through our supports and services have helped many thousands of women and children who have experienced domestic violence and/or homelessness. We work closely with a wide range of organisations and agencies to ensure a holistic approach to support for women and children in the Drogheda and Dublin North East area. We work to empower women to of all cultures and backgrounds to live abuse free lives. We provide for women and children safe emergency refuge accommodation, information, emotional support, advocacy, court accompaniment and support to seeking long term accommodation
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the provision of services to Clients and to actively participate in the team effort to provide an effective service, using a trauma informed approach to your practice and working within a self-help and mutual aid framework with women and child protections at its core. To always promote Drogheda Women’s and Children’s Refuge Centre Ltd. in a positive and professional manner.
Shifts will be allocated across 7 days including evenings and weekends in accordance with the needs of the service.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- 3rd level degree (BA in Social Care or Applied Social Studies) and/or extensive relevant experience of working in residential settings
- Experience of working on a one-to-one basis with clients
- Knowledge of procedures and practices relating to the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Ability to work on own initiative and to manage own workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team in a refuge environment
- Good IT skills, administrative and record keeping skills.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, anti-oppressive practices
- Ability to assess the needs and risks to women experiencing domestic abuse in crisis situations and act appropriately and professionally.
- Be aware and have knowledge of current legislation and key policy documents relevant to domestic abuse and homelessness
- Possess a deep understanding of the dynamics and impact of domestic violence and homelessness
- Facilitation skills
Application forms and Job Descriptions are attached to this advertisement.
Completed applications can be:
- Emailed to: email@example.com (Input Refuge Support Worker in to the Subject Line)
- Posted to: The Manager, Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG, St. Anthony’s, Priest’s Lane, Drogehda, Co Louth
No later than 4 pm on Friday June 18th 2021
CV’s will not be accepted. Shortlisting will apply
Drogehda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG is an equal opportunities employer