Drogheda Women’s & Children’s Refuge Centre: Support Services Manager
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
Support Services Manager (Full-time/39 hrs) 1 year Fixed Term contract
Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG (DWCR) is a long standing voluntary organisation. We have been working in the community for over 20 years and through our supports and services have helped many thousands of women and children who have experienced domestic violence and/or homelessness. We work closely with a wide range of organisations and agencies to ensure a holistic approach to support for women and children in the Drogheda and Dublin North East area. We work to empower women to of all cultures and backgrounds to live abuse free lives. We provide for women and children safe emergency refuge accommodation, information, emotional support, advocacy, court accompaniment and support to seeking long term accommodation
The purpose of the role is to manage the refuge services and its staff team for Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge and Support/Outreach Services in line with the organisation’s vision, mission and core values. You will be responsible for the delivery and development of Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge services, supporting and empowering women and children experiencing domestic violence.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- BA in applied social studies e.g., social care or social studies and/or must be working a similar sector for 5 years
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff, students, trainees in your role working with adults/ children and young people
- Experience of working in a support service for people with complex needs/Experience of working in supported residential services.
- Ability to manage, support and motivate staff
- Experience working in team settings and on own initiative, have strong self- motivation, be reliable and flexible in work practices as well as being a strong team leader
- Ability to assess the needs and risks to women experiencing domestic abuse in crisis situations and act appropriately and professionally, using problem solving processes that meet the needs of women experiencing domestic violence and supporting staff to do this
- Experience of interagency working and joint service provision, working with relevant agencies to advocate on behalf of women and children in refuge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a varied workload with structured supervision
- Excellent computer skills and experience of using central management systems (CMS) for data collection
- A full clean driving licence and use of own car is essential for this post and needs to be noted in your application.
- Be aware and have knowledge of current legislation and key policy documents relevant to domestic abuse and homelessness
- Possess a deep understanding of the dynamics and impact of domestic violence and homelessness
- Facilitation skills
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and practices relating to the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Understanding of and capacity to work in a non-judgemental manner and a commitment to gender equality and human rights of women, children, and young people
Application forms and Job Descriptions are attached with this advertisement.
Completed applications can be:
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Input Support Services Manager in to the Subject Line)
- Posted to: The Manager, Drogheda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG, St. Anthony’s, Priest’s Lane, Drogehda, Co Louth
No later than 4 pm on Friday June 18th 2021
CV’s will not be accepted. Shortlisting will apply
Drogehda Women & Children’s Refuge CLG is an equal opportunities employer