Respond: Child and Youth Development Worker (Part-Time) - High Park Homeless Service
Respond is one of the largest housing associations in Ireland, providing social housing and homeless services. Our vision is that ‘every family and individual in Ireland will have high- quality housing as part of a vibrant and caring community’. We are growing rapidly in response to the housing crisis and are now looking for the right person who has the passion and skills to help us realise our vision.
Role: Child and Youth Development Worker
Location: High Park Homeless Service – Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Reporting to: Homeless Service Manager
Terms: Fixed-term Part-time Contract – 20 Hours (Mon to Sun)
Job Purpose: To develop and implement a range of needs led, outcome-focused support programmes that cater for parents, families and children. This will include working in collaboration with the service manager in the overall delivery of the wraparound services within the Homeless Service.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- To work in accordance with the values, principles, and philosophy of the Service
- Develop the provision of quality out of school services and the introduction of integrated initiatives, responsive to children and young people’s needs within the context of their culture and community.
- Develop and coordinate in-house programmes for parents that can enhance life skills in a number of targeted areas to help strengthen skills and confidence.
- Network and liaise with outside community groups and organisations to bring new programmes and opportunities to families within the service.
- Engage with children and young people and work to develop programmes for intervention and discussion, particularly group activities and group work programmes as per the remit of the Family Hub support services.
- Focus on capacity building for families to encourage them to shape and participate in the development of service design.
- Support families with additional needs and/or vulnerabilities in all service provision and programmes.
- Act as a resource person, as necessary, to families and young people in the service and in collaboration with the support team.
- Participate in a culture of collaborative, integrated practice across all services within the Family Hub.
- Engage in the ongoing development of links between supportive agencies.
- Document and oversee the monitoring and evaluation of activities and programmes.
- Support service manager in the development and review of policies and procedures and with the collection of data in line with reporting requirements.
- In collaboration with the service manager, maintain all health and safety standards to ensure all reasonable measures to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of children attending the service are in place.
- Participate in and avail of training and continuous professional development.
- Work as part of the staff team of the Family Hub. This will involve participating in planning sessions, meetings, reviews and helping with the running of the service in a collaborative way.
- To carry out personal responsibility for compliance with child protection obligations and documented in the Respond! Policy and procedures and “Children First”.
- To liaise with parents individually and to attend group meetings when requested in relation to the development of children and young people.
- The list of duties is not exhaustive and duties may vary from time to time.
- A relevant degree in Youth Work, Social Care or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a community focused youth work/childcare/family support setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, possess good leadership and facilitation skills
- Aptitude and empathy with children and young people
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Report writing and administration skills
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and a capacity to work under own initiative
- Garda Vetting will be required on an ongoing basis
Part time 20 hours per week.
To apply please send C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing of business Friday, May 14th, 2021.