Bradóg Youth Service: The MOST Youth Justice Project – Roma Youth Justice Worker
Bradóg Youth Service (BYS) is a community-based project working with young people and families in the North West Inner City. Bradóg Youth Service consists of two internal strands, one of which is the MOST Youth Justice Programme which is a Garda Youth Diversion Programme that is funded by the EU Funds Unit.
Garda Youth Diversion Projects are community-based, initiatives which primarily seek to divert young people from anti-social and/or criminal behaviour. This is done by providing suitable activities to facilitate personal development, promote civic responsibility and improve long term employability prospects. The MOST Youth Justice Project currently supports and engages young people in the North West Inner city.
Bradóg Youth Service are looking to recruit a Roma Youth Justice Worker to be part of the MOST Youth Justice team. This is a newly funded position that aims to support Roma young people who have entered the Justice system and are hard to reach within the community. The worker will work alongside a Roma Activities and Support worker to identify and support Roma young people who reside on both the North and South Inner city.
We are currently inviting applications for the position of
Full Time Roma Youth Justice Worker
Qualifications / Experience
The successful applicant will have the following requirements;
- A professionally endorsed qualification (degree) in Youth Work, Community Development; Social Sciences; Human Rights or other related disciplines;
- or with 3-years’ experience of working in a community setting or with Roma and/or other marginalised groups.
- Experience of working with young people in a GYDP or youth work setting desirable
- Full Clean Driving Licence is desirable
- Exposure and understanding of GYDP work and of working with young people from minority ethnic groups.
- Experience working in an outreach/detached setting is desirable
- Language Skills: Very good command of spoken Romani or Romanian is desirable
This post requires the successful candidate to work scheduled hours including evening and weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for the above position should be made by way of cover letter along with Bradóg Youth Service Application form. The full job spec and Bradog Youth Service application form are available to download or upon request by emailing Daniel.Rawat@Bradog.com
Completed application forms can be posted or emailed to the Project Leader of the MOST Youth Justice Project
MOST Garda Diversion Project
Bradóg Youth Service,
34 Dominick Street, Dublin 1
Please quote Job Reference on Application: RYJW
Shortlisting may apply
Bradóg Youth Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 28th May 2021 at 17.00pm. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Bradóg Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.