Embrace: PIC & Social Care Workers - Children's Residential Service
PIC & Social Care Workers - Children's Residential Service - Co. Meath
Embrace provides residential support services for adults and children with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injuries. Our ambition is to offer a strengths-based service that focuses on our Children’ core interests and encourages their development of new skills. Underpinning all of this is an understanding that we are offering a home for people and an assurance from us that these homes offer a range of home comforts, on-site amenities and enable local engagement with community initiatives and organisations.
We are seeking to recruit a Person in Charge and a number of Social Care Workers for a new residential facility for children with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injuries, to allow us to expand our residential services. It is the aim of the service to promote independence and to maximize quality of life through person centered principles within the framework of therapeutic support model of care.
Person in Charge – Job Summary
As a Person in Charge, you will be responsible for the overall management of our new Children’s Residential Service based in South Meath, North Kildare area. The overall objective of the role is to ensure that the quality of service and quality of care is always to the highest possible standard whilst adhering to regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for providing leadership and management to the team ensuring that our vision and values are understood and acted upon.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of good practice for the protection of children, and a good working knowledge of child protection procedures
- Must hold A Level 7 qualification in Social Care / Applied Social Studies, Nursing or in a relevant field of Youth and Community Work, Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, Social Work, Social Sciences.
- Have a minimum of three years of Managerial Experience within the Health Sector.
- Hold a recognized Managerial Qualification (minimum level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development at the appropriate level.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excited by an opportunity to work with a dynamic team and help develop a new, leading residential support provider.
- A full clean driving licence with access to a car is essential for this role
- Previous experience in a similar residential setting is highly desirable
Social Care Workers – Job Summary
We are looking for a motivated and experienced candidate who believes in developing people’s strengths. To provide Residents with meaningful relationships. support, training and activities to achieve their highest level of functioning, thereby improving their skills which will enable them develop and maintain independence.
We are looking for candidates who work well in a team environment, working closely with your colleagues and the wider supports in the residents supporting team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be guided by your PIC and include the following:
- Developing the resident person centred plan with them and their supporting team
- Delivering on the residents’ daily support plans
- Ensuring the ongoing focus on residents’ strengths and uncovering new ways of developing these
- Understanding of company policies and procedures to ensure consistent service practices
- Delivering on Embrace’s core Vision, Mission and Values
You will also be responsible for coordinating the shift when on duty. The service is a Social Care Led service with enhanced support through a full MDT. The Social Care Worker will be required to work collaboratively as part of an integrated MDT in service delivery to Residents. They will report directly to the Person In-Charge.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislation, regulations and standards applicable to the provision of accommodation based services to vulnerable children
- Holding or pursuing a Level 7 qualification in Social Care / Applied Social Studies or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please contact Monica Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our website at https://embraceliving.ie/
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years in order to consider you for prospective roles at Embrace.