West Sligo Family Resource Centre: Child and Family Development Worker (Part-Time)
West Sligo Family Resource Centre CLG
Pier Rd, Enniscrone, Co. Sligo
Applications are invited for the post of:
Child and Family Development Worker
This Contract is a Temporary Contract of Employment, subject to continued funding granted by Tusla.
The Child and Family Development worker will work closely with the Project Co-ordinator to help the Project implement its Work Plan.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant third level qualification in Family Support Practice, Youth Work, Community Development, Applied Social Studies or Social Work;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, either voluntary or professionally, in delivering family support in a community-based setting, including experience of:
- Liaising with Social Work and Tusla Child and Family Support Agency to respond to the needs of children and families;
- working with community, voluntary and statutory agencies;
- planning, developing and delivering programmes and activities to children and young people
- organising community events
- providing one-to-one supports directly to children/families;
- delivering parent support programmes;
- providing information and support to individuals and groups;
- delivering programmes, activities and/or services to groups;
- Excellent IT, social media and report writing skills;
- Access to own transport and a full clean driving license.
This position is 14 hours per week.
To request further information and an application form, please contact:
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday the 14th of May 2021
A shortlisting criteria will apply. A panel may be formed in the event of future posts becoming available.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form.
CVs will not be accepted.
This project is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is funded by TUSLA Child and Family Agency.