Crosscare: Youth Case Worker - Substance Use Inclusion Team
Position Title: Youth Case Worker - Substance Use Inclusion Team (SUIT)
Programme: Crosscare Drug and Alcohol Programme (DAP)
Location: Office base in Balbriggan and will cover North Co. Dublin.
Contract: Fixed term contract covering Maternity Leave. 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa €30K
Role Purpose: To provide key working, case management and care planning support to young people aged 12-25 years old who are experiencing problems with substance use.
Reports to: Manager, DAP
- To identify, engage and work directly with young people (aged 12-25) who are experiencing problems related to their substance use
- To develop strategic partnerships with other agencies, especially educational, justice, mental health, social care and community agencies
- To provide formal assessments, key working and careplanning supports to young people aged 12 – 25 in relation to their substance use
- To engage in interagency case management to support young people in relation to their substance use along with Substance use agencies and other related services and attend case review meetings where appropriate.
- To deliver Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (ACRA) interventions to young people aged 12 – 25.
- To engage in the Steps to Cope intervention for young people that are impacted by familial substance use in conjunction with the RDATFs Family Support Service (Fingal Families) and ASCERT
- To submit NDTRS data, keep programme records and provide updates and reports as requested.
- To prepare and submit quarterly outcome reports to the North Dublin Regional Drug and Alcohol Task Force.
- To take part in ongoing approved training to enhance outcomes for the client group.
- To work and promote the ethos and mission of Crosscare and uphold its values in all areas of work.
- To observe the policies and procedures of the project and Crosscare.
- To work closely with the North Dublin Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force to support the rollout and implementation of its strategy for the area.
Essential (Qualification/Skills Requirements)
- Be in possession of a recognised 3rd Level qualification in Addiction / Social Care / Youth Work or a related field.
- Must have strong track record in community based programmes and in supporting strategic partnerships with other agencies.
- Must have Knowledge of Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (ACRA) and intention to gain accreditation if not already in place
- Must have Experience of interagency work.
- Must have high level of knowledge and Experience of working with young people with substance use issues.
- A commitment to social justice and to treating people with dignity and respect
- An understanding of the principles of teamwork and the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Flexibility, good time management and a professional manner.
- Knowledge and experience of using formal screening/assessment instruments (AUDIT, CUDIT, DUDIT), , careplanning & case management tools
- A full Driving License, access to own transport.
To apply, please forward an up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for: Youth Case Worker -DAP.
Closing date is Friday, 14th May, 2021.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is funded by the North Dublin Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force and is subject to continued funding