Limerick Youth Service: Youth Mentor
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose mission is: “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Limerick Youth Service wish to recruit for the following position to deliver the Ability Programme for Limerick Metropolitan area.
Youth Mentor (35 hours per week)
(Initially August 31st 2021)
The Youth Mentor will work as part of a team and will be the primary contact person for the Ability Programme participant. He or she will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the participant into education, training and/or employment. This will include: Implementing tailored transition programmes, pre-employment support, career guidance initiatives / supports, work preparation initiatives, capacity building programmes, and the young person's engagement with the community.
Education & Experience
Suitable candidates must have:
- A relevant Third Level Qualification in Youth Work / Social Care, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience (paid or voluntary) in a similar or related field.
- Experience of working with young people with a disability, specifically ASD, mental health illness, mild learning disability and hidden disabilities.
- An awareness of and familiarity with the issues relating to the barriers that young people with a disability can face in progressing into education, training or employment.
- Experience in, planning, implementing and reviewing programmes and activities with young people.
- Knowledge of recruitment & employment principles, methods, techniques, and resources.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to young people, their families, other professionals and employers.
- An understanding of UNCRPD.
- Experience of working closely with Occupational therapists is preferred but not essential
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook.
How to apply:
To be considered eligible for the above vacancy interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can be downloaded online at https://limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/ or alternatively e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 7th May 2021 by 12pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)