Foróige - Sligo Comhairle Na Nóg: Coordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
SLIGO COMHAIRLE NA NÓG
Foróige is a dynamic, independent, non-profit youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation enables young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society.
Foroige, in partnership with Sligo County Council, and the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY), wish to employ a dedicated professional youth worker to support and ensure the continued development of Comhairle na nÓg towards standards of excellent practice. Foróige as a youth development organisation recognises the potential, uniqueness and dedication of young people and recognises the opportunity in Sligo Comhairle na nÓg to bring about change for young people and for young people to make a positive contribution to society. The democratically elected Sligo Comhairle na nÓg represents young people in the decision-making process on issues and policies that affect them locally, regionally and nationally.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (E) = Essential; (D) =Desirable
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications) (E)
- A minimum of 2 year relevant work experience (E)
- Paid or voluntary, experience working with young people (E)
- Access to car and full driving licence (E)
- An understanding of the nature of youth work and Youth and Community work methodologies (D)
- An understanding of youth and community work in the local area (D)
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The full job spec and Foróige application form are available to download from the careers section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by contacting Foróige recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm 4th MAY 2021
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.