Foróige - Donegal Youth Council: Project Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
DONEGAL YOUTH COUNCIL
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation aims to enable young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society.
Foróige will work in partnership with Donegal County Council, the Health Promotion and Improvement Service of the HSE and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs in delivering on the work of Donegal Youth Council. Our close collaborative working with the Donegal County Council, the HSE and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs will ensure that we can operate The Donegal Youth Council effectively so that young people can highlight, participate in, and move forward the issues that are of concern. This partnership approach will create opportunities for young people to influence agencies in their decision making process and policy development in services that directly affect them.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (E) = Essential, (D) = Desirable
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard preferably in Youth / Community Work (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications) (E)
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience working with young people (E)
- Access to car and full driving licence (E)
- Ability to engage target group (E)
- An understanding of Youth Work and Community Work methodologies (E)
The successful candidate will work a minimum of 21 hours per week.
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The full job spec and Foróige application form are available to download from the careers section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by contacting Foróige recruitment on email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm 4th May 2021
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.