in sync Youth & Family Services: Youth Counsellor (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Youth Counsellor Part-Time
in sync Youth & Family Services supports young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society. The Youth Counselling Service is a TUSLA funded project, which aims to provide 1:1 therapeutic support to young people from 11-25 years and their families.
The Youth Counsellor will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a professional and accessible, counselling service to the community, to young people and their families. This is a Part-Time 3-day per week role. The post will be based in Athy and will serve the surrounding communities.
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you have experience of:
- The assessment of young people for counselling support
- One-to-one counselling with young people
- The provision of family support
- Liaising with and processing referrals to and from G.P.s, schools, youth groups, social workers, primary health care professionals and others as appropriate.
- The prompt identification and notification of Child Protection and Welfare Concerns in accordance with TUSLA Child and Family Agency and in sync Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining records & observing professional standards in respect of confidentiality and data protection
- Suitably qualified applicants must be eligible for registration with IACP, PSI or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be employed by in sync Youth & Family Services on a 12 month fixed-term contract, including a 6 month probationary period.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Wednesday 5th May 2021. Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 12th May.
For job description and application form contact in sync Youth & Family Services on email@example.com or on 045 856968. Completed applications by in sync electronic application form only to: Lorraine Shortt, Youth Counselling Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).
This position is funded by TUSLA
in sync is an equal opportunities employer