Crosscare: Youth Worker (Part-Time) - LEAPP Project, Finglas
Position Title: Youth Worker for LEAPP Project in Finglas
Location: Crosscare Finglas Youth Service, ‘The Den’, St. Helena’s Road, Finglas South, Dublin 11.
Responsible to: Youth Service Manager
Hours of Work: Part Time – 20 hours per week (evenings and Saturday work to be agreed)
Salary: Circa 30K WTE (pro-rata)
The LEAPP Project aims to encourage and support the Educational, Emotional, Social and Personal Development of young people by providing programmes that include the development of new and relevant skills.
Using a youth work approach to target and engage the follow groups;
- Young people aged 16-24 who are not involved in education and training (NEETS) and who are not availing of other services to support their progression
- Young people who are affected by issues linked to substances misuse
- Young people living in the area who are experiencing intergenerational economic, cultural and educational disadvantage
- Young people who are experiencing issues relating to their general mental health including anxiety, trauma and stress.
Programmes that encourage active participation and personal responsibility for life choices of young people are encouraged recognising the benefits of life-long learning which empowers young people to reach their full potential.
- Design, develop and implement a variety of educational and recreational programmes based on the needs of the identified target groups
- To engage and build professional relationships with young people, treating them with dignity and respect and working within the values of Crosscare.
- To carry out street work/outreach as needed to engage target group
- To give young people an opportunity to discuss the challenges they encounter in their lives every day.
- To recognize young people’s talents and build upon these through an inclusive youth work process.
- To create an awareness and respect for diversity and culture.
- To engage young people in programmes that enables them cope with stressful events or challenges in their everyday lives.
- To work effectively as part of the team.
- To perform administrative duties associated with the role including relevant record keeping, and UBU reporting forms
- Be in possession of a recognised 3rd Level Youth Work qualification.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of young people.
- Experience of dealing with Child Protection issues.
- A commitment to social justice and to treating people with dignity and respect.
- An understanding of the principles of teamwork and the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to engage target group
- A positive, can do attitude is essential in this role.
- Flexibility, good time management and a professional manner.
- Ability to be proactive and creative in approaches to the work
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills & social media skills.
To apply, please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Stating in the Subject Bar: Youth Worker Finglas LEAPP.
Closing date for applications is: Friday, 23rd April, 2021 at 5pm
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.