Community Creations (SpunOut.ie & 50808): Operations Administrator (Part-Time)
Job Title: Operations Administrator (part-time)
Reporting To: Director of People & Operations
Location: Remote (Ireland) with a requirement to attend the office (Dublin 2) for meetings/training as required
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 20 hours a week
Remuneration: €15,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays) pro-rata, 1-day positive mental health leave
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website, and 50808, a new free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support.
SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s youth information website, by young people for young people. SpunOut.ie’s vision is to help create an Ireland where young people aged between 16 and 25 are empowered with the information they need to live active, happy, and healthy lives. SpunOut.ie was visited over 1.9 million times in 2020 by young people in Ireland accessing information and support.
50808 is a first of its kind for Ireland: a free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support for people going through a mental health or emotional crisis - big or small. From breakups or bullying, to anxiety, depression and suicidal feelings, our Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations. Our aim is to provide immediate support in the short term and connect people to resources that will help them into the future.
About the role
Community Creations is seeking to appoint a part-time Operations Administrator to support our daily office operations. Reporting to the Director of People & Operations, the Operations Administrator will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
They will undertake administrative tasks, maintain the integrity and performance of company databases and be responsible for quality file and record management systems.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision.They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via this Workable link only. Only applications submitted via Workable will be accepted.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the administration and maintenance of company databases
- Maintain file and record management systems in line with quality
- Support the Director of People & Operations in scheduling and bookkeeping procedures
- Provide administrative support to other departments or projects, including but not limited to Garda vetting, Volunteer Application Process, Volunteer Reference Checks
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Assist in creating and emailing regular communications to volunteers
- Track inventory and office supplies; place orders when necessary
- Manage the maintenance of office and facility equipment.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Prepare and complete mass mail outs.
- Organise events, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements
- Carry out any other duties as may from time to time be required by Management
Skills and Attributes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as an administrator, office assistant or relevant role is essential
- PLC in office administration or relevant field is desirable
- A keen interest in, and understanding of, youth health and social issues is required
- Relevant experience of the non-for-profit, mental health, social services or youth work sectors is an advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good phone manner and a strong ability to communicate remotely
- Solid administrative skills with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite
- An ability to adapt to new software solutions quickly
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with; strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritise and balance conflicting demands
- Be a collaborator and team player
- Good natured personality and an ability to engage positively with young people and the public generally
Applications and Queries
You can apply for this role by completing the application form on Workable only: https://apply.workable.com/communitycreations/j/0D893617D4/
Deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on Sunday 18th April 2021.
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
Informal queries relating to the role can be addressed to Maria Towey, Director of People & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an equal opportunities employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.