Community Creations (SpunOut.ie & 50808): Senior Content Producer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Senior Content Producer
Reporting To: Content Editor
Location: Working from home
Contract duration: Six-month fixed-term contract
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week
To apply: Via this Workable link only: https://apply.workable.com/communitycreations/j/F0353357FB/
Remuneration: €31,000 per annum pro-rata
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays) pro-rata, 1-day positive mental health leave
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website, and 50808, a new free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support.
SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s youth information website, by young people for young people. SpunOut.ie’s vision is to help create an Ireland where young people aged between 16 and 25 are empowered with the information they need to live active, happy, and healthy lives. SpunOut.ie supported over 1.6 million young people with information resources in 2019.
50808 is a first of its kind for Ireland: a free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support for people going through a mental health or emotional crisis - big or small. From breakups or bullying, to anxiety, depression and suicidal feelings, our Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations. Our aim is to provide immediate support in the short term and connect people to resources that will help them into the future.
About the role
SpunOut.ie has received funding for this project from The Community Foundation for Ireland’s Environment Fund: Circular Economy, which is supported by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This funding aims to support SpunOut.ie to increase young people’s awareness, understanding, and engagement around the circular economy, with a focus on sustainable fashion.
The Senior Content Producer will be responsible for creating informative and engaging content for SpunOut.ie and our social media. Additionally, they will be responsible for managing the content promotion and outreach strategy, to ensure the content reaches young people across Ireland.
To succeed in the role the ideal candidate will have some experience in SEO/keyword research, crafting compelling copy, curating engaging content, and managing a content outreach strategy. Experience with training or event management is an advantage. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong soft skills, be an excellent multitasker, and have a solution-focused approach to your work.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via this Workable link only. Only applications submitted via Workable will be accepted.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Content Producer duties and responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the project lead, plan the development of project content in line with SpunOut.ie’s content strategy and guidelines
- Research content topics that young people have an interest in, building these interests into the project plans
- Create, edit, proof, and publish engaging content on SpunOut.ie’s website, and across our social media
- Optimise all project content for SEO
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention
- Manage the tendering process to engage an external multimedia company to develop engaging and informative infographics and videos
- Collaborate with the external multimedia company, managing timelines, and outputs
- Edit and curate the project content so it can be developed into engaging infographics and videos for SpunOut.ie’s social media
- In collaboration with SpunOut.ie’s digital department, develop a content promotion plan to ensure content reaches young people across our digital channels
- Using experts from within SpunOut.ie and our partner organisations, coordinate a workshop series to inform and engage young people on our circular economy content
- Develop a toolkit for youth workers based on the project content and activities developed for the workshop series
- Support the project lead in communicating key milestones, outputs, and outcomes to our project donor
- Measure and monitor engagement with the project content throughout the programme
Skills and Attributes:
Qualifications and experience:
- A qualification in journalism, marketing, communications, or a relevant field
- Proven work experience researching and creating compelling written content
- Knowledge of SEO and analytics
- Familiarity with digital marketing
- Experience with WordPress and Craft
The ideal candidate will:
- Align with SpunOut.ie’s Vision, Mission, and Values, and have an interest in social and environmental justice.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and pull expertise from others
- Have excellent copy-writing skills to create informative, engaging, and vibrant content
- Be creative and bring new ideas to the project
- Have an understanding of climate justice issues, including around sustainable fashion and the circular economy
- Demonstrate strong soft skills including; empathy, good listening skills, and adaptability
- Be a self-starter with strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritise and balance conflicting demands
- Possess strong coordination and management skills, with an ability to stay on top of multiple moving parts of a project.
- Have the ability to distill information into short, engaging, and eye-catching copy for social media
Applications and Queries
The deadline for receipt of applications is 8th April at midnight.
You can apply for this role by completing this Workable form only: https://apply.workable.com/communitycreations/j/F0353357FB/
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.