Gateway Organisation: Aftercare Workers (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Gateway Organisation Ltd., are recruiting for full-time Aftercare workers
Location: Sligo / Leitrim
Full time Aftercare workers – Sleepovers (39 hours per week)
Part time Aftercare workers – Sleepovers (24 hours per week)
Gateway Organisation Ltd. is a well-established independent Irish owned agency which provides a range of child-centred residential services for young people who require out-of-home care since 2008.
Due to expansion, Gateway Organisation Ltd. are currently seeking positive and committed Aftercare Workers to join the Aftercare team. The role of the Aftercare worker is to assist and support young adults ages 18-23 transition after care to live as independently as possible and to equip those young Adults with the skills to sustain and improve on their independence.
Aftercare workers in consultation with the young adult create and provide a range of programmes and services to help young adults to develop their skills and confidence to prepare them for moving on from residential care, foster care and many other support and community services.
As an Aftercare worker, you will be responsible for reaching daily goals set out in the young adults Aftercare plan and supporting them to reach their full potential. Aftercare work is based in the community, 1:1 support at times. Your role is to ensure the highest possible standards of care are maintained always. You will work alongside the team to provide a therapeutic Aftercare service which will provide frontline care to young adults.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Programme Development, weekly goal setting in conjunction with the young adult.
- Working effectively as part of the team to ensure the team carry out allocated tasks in a competent and professional manner.
- Liaising and working with a multi-disciplinary team to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Under the guidance of the Aftercare Manager, participating in the completion of Review Reports and to act as a support to ensure the young adult self-advocates at Review meetings.
- Completing and maintaining administrative records relating to the young adults.
- Completing weekly reports on all goals and work completed.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Workers must possess a qualification at degree level on the National Framework of Qualifications in Social Care, Social Work, Youth Work Qualification (or other relevant discipline).
- A passion and drive for change with self-motivation and determination.
- A deep understanding of mental health needs and experience of supporting young adults with mental health needs.
- Experience of working with behaviour that challenge.
- Personal attributes of positivity, flexibility, and a solution-focused outlook as well as empathy and maturity are essential.
- A current full clean Driving Licence.
To apply: Please send a curriculum vitae and supporting documentation to: email@example.com