St. Michael's House: Social Care Workers (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Social Care Workers
Full and Part Time Vacancies Available Across North Dublin Area
Who We Are
St. Michael's House is a leader in the development and provision of community-based services for people with intellectual disabilities in Dublin.
The organisation provides a range of services to 1,751 children and adults with an intellectual disability in over 170 centres in the Greater Dublin. St. Michael's House supports include: Residential and independent living supports, Clinical supports, Day supports, Schools, Respite supports and Vocational training services.
- Promoting independence and enhancing quality of life
- Collaborating with an industry leading team in a dynamic and supporting environment
- Requires flexibility with day, evening, night and weekend work available
What We Offer
- HSE Pay Scale (incremental*)
- Premium Payments
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive Induction
- Flexible Work Patterns**
- Multiple Work Locations
- Training / CPD
- Career Progression
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Experience working and supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience working in Social Care ideally in ID services
- A full clean drivers licence and your own transport (role involves driving)
- Experience working with families, clinicians and building links in the community
- Experience implementing positive support programmes
- Experience in a key working role, focusing on promoting independence and community integration
Essential Qualifications Required
- QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Disability) - Open Training College
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland;
- A qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award.
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with October 2020 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale point 1; €33,130 – point 14; €47,965 per annum based on working a 39 hour week
Apply on line at www.smh.ie/careers and ensure to include a written explanation for any gaps in employment.
Please note that a six month panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
St. Michael’s House is an equal opportunities employer