Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - St. Joseph’s Childcare Centre: Childcare Worker (Permanent & Part-Time)
Reference No: CWSTJ0221
Location: St. Joseph’s Childcare Centre, Waterford.
Duration: Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 21.75 hours per week
Published: Tuesday 23rd February 2021
Closing Date: 4pm Tuesday 9th March 2021
The main purpose of the Childcare Worker role is to provide quality early childhood care and education to children and to guide and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum FETAC Level 6 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged.
- Knowledge of Aisteoir, Siolta, Better Start programmes and AIM.
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education/afterschool.
- Knowledge of Covid-19 health and safety measures.
- Preferably 1 year of experience in relevant childcare role.
- Be a strong team player who enjoys being around children.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Display enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and supportive skills.
- Be patient with a well-developed sense of humour.
- Have a child centred approach to activities, being imaginative and creative in delivering activities.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer