Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - St. Josephs’ Waterford: Senior Childcare Worker
Senior Childcare Worker
Reference No: SCCWSTJ0221
Location: St. Josephs’ Waterford (South East Region)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Monday 22nd February 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Monday 8th March 2021
The primary purpose of this role is to provide quality early childhood care and education to children and to guide and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum FETAC Level 6.
- A degree in Early Childcare and Education or equivalent would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- Knowledge of Aisteoir, Siolta, Better start programmes and aim
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education
- Knowledge of Covid-19 health and safety measures and procedures.
- Knowledge of up to date legislation, regulation and guidance governing childcare and afterschool (including Covid-19)
- Preferably 2 years ‘experience in relevant childcare role
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to lead, support and motivate a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent listening and supportive skills
- Be patient with a well-developed sense of humour
- Have a child centred approach to activities
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer