Foróige - Dublin 8 Youth Engagement & Family Support Project: Youth & Family Support Worker
Dublin 8 Youth Engagement & Family Support Project
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation aims to enable young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society. Foróige employs over 400 staff and involves thousands of volunteers in the creation and delivery of high quality services to young people through the operation of over 600 Foróige Clubs and over 140 General Youth Services and Special Projects. These community-based and community-supported initiatives are run throughout the country, and generally in partnership with various voluntary and statutory agencies.
The organisation is a registered charity and is supported by a combination of statutory, philanthropic and corporate funding.
Foróige is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.
Youth & Family Support Worker
The Dublin 8 Youth Engagement & Family Support Project is managed and provided by Foróige and funded by Tusla. The two Youth Officers with this project will work as part of the Foróige Dublin South team and will be based in Dublin 8.
This is a new project that aims to address anti social behaviour in the community by providing;
- Youth Work interventions and supports for young people aged 8-11 identified as at risk or requiring additional supports
- Family Support for parents and families of vulnerable and at risk teenagers
Professional Qualifications and Experience (E) = Essential, (D) = Desirable
- Education to National Degree standard preferably in Youth / Community Work (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications) (E)
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience (E)
- Access to car and full driving licence (E)
- Ability to engage target group (E)
- Paid or voluntary, experience working with vulnerable young people (D)
- An understanding of Youth Work and Community Work methodologies (D)
Please view the job spec below for full details on all requirements.
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
The full job spec and Foróige application form can be downloaded from this page (see below) and is also available to download from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by emailing email@example.com
Please note that all applications can only be accepted by way of Foróige Application Form
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm 5th of March 2021
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.