Crosscare: Addiction Counsellor (Part-Time) - Teen Counselling
Position Title: Addiction Counsellor
Programme: Crosscare Teen Counselling
Location: Finglas Youth Resource Centre, Mellowes Rd, Finglas, Dublin 11.
Work Schedule: Part Time (14 hours per week). (Flexible working hours required, i.e. availability to work unsociable hours as needed to provide greater access to services)
Contract Type: 12 month FTC
Salary: Band E (€37,168 - €49,352) Whole Time Equivalent
Role Purpose: The post holder will engage in therapeutic relationships with young people 12 – 24 year olds from the North County Dublin Area, and assist in the management of Substance Use and related issues.
Reports to: The post holder will be responsible to Project Leader, Teen Counselling.
Clinical Practice Responsibilities
- Provide individual counselling and group therapy to young persons 12 -24 years.
- Manage a caseload across a range of programmes
- Understand and prioritise Service User needs, taking account of the influence of family, mental health, peer group, gender, culture and sexuality on beliefs and behaviours.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of the presenting drug and alcohol issues and other related issues of the client, and concerned persons where appropriate.
- Facilitate therapeutic groups.
- Develop and maintain clinical partnerships with professionals working in same or other treatment modalities and settings.
- Notify child protection concerns in accordance with “Children First” Guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of treatment for individuals/groups, matching therapy to needs.
- Referral of clients to self-help groups and community initiatives.
- Flexibility in practice as required i.e. out of hours, multiple locations, provision of new programs and service initiatives.
Administration and Accountability
- Maintain contemporaneous records of all interventions; submit clear concise reports, statistics and activity data in timely manner.
- Observe professional ethical standards and behaviours as required by Crosscare Policies and Guidelines, Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and requirements of relevant Professional Accrediting Bodies, ensuring confidentiality of records and security of same.
- Take corporate responsibility as well as counselling ethical responsibility
- Engage with clinical and line management supervision with Teen Counselling senior psychotherapist and Project Manager in line with Supervision Policy.
- Maintain accreditation with own professional body.
- Comply with Crosscare Policies and review procedures related to Risk Management, Audits, and clinical accountability.
- Comply with Crosscare’s Health and Safety regulations and review procedures.
Development and evaluation of service
- Support models of best practice / evidence based practice.
- Engage in in-service and other relevant training opportunities and to keep up to date with new developments in the area of counselling/therapy.
- Sharing knowledge to maintain professional standards.
- Participate in the development of new initiatives: e.g. Community based programmes, training programmes etc.
- Provide training in skills and theory appropriate to best counselling practice as required.
The candidate must, at the latest date for receipt of completed applications for the post, possess:
- Professional Qualification in Counselling/Psychotherapy of at least 2yrs Diploma Standard
- Accreditation with IACP or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of managing a case load under supervision, after achieving professional qualification
- Demonstrate competence in providing therapy to Service Users up to age of 24yrs utilising therapeutic approaches such as person-centered, cognitive-behavioural therapies or systemic therapy.
- Demonstrate detailed up-to-date clinical knowledge of assessment and treatment of a range of addiction related issues.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the ACRA model.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing engagement in supervision and reflection on clinical practice to ensure a quality and effective service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of notification procedures around child protection and management of other ethical considerations relevant to post.
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in health promotion and education work.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development and effective use of supervision
- Demonstrate an ability to work both as part of a multidisciplinary team and to work independently, under Supervision.
To apply for this position please highlight in your CV where you meet the above requirements.
Send an up to date Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter to email@example.com stating clearly the position being applied for: Addiction Counsellor.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 8th March 2021
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role.