Early Childhood Ireland: Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
Early Childhood Ireland is seeking a professional and experienced candidate for the role of Receptionist / Administrator in a busy office environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our team. The successful candidate will play a key role, creating an excellent impression of the organisation as well as being the first point of contact for all members and non-members. The successful candidate will work with the Membership Services team and report to the Membership Manager.
The successful candidate will have previous receptionist experience and strong Microsoft Office skills as well as a clear understanding of what good customer service looks like. A detailed person specification is available at the end of this information pack.
Early Childhood Ireland is the leading membership organisation in the sector, with over 3,800 members. Our vision is that every young child is thriving and learning in quality early childhood settings.
Job Title: Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Membership Manager
Contract: Temporary (maternity cover)
The purpose of this post is to support the work of Early Childhood Ireland in meeting the expectations and needs of its members.
The receptionist (maternity cover) will have the following responsibilities:
- Reception - Answering incoming calls promptly in a friendly and professional manner
and directing calls to the relevant team
- Logging all calls on CRM
- Managing the general Info email inbox, directing emails to relevant department
- Meeting & greeting visitors
- Logging, sorting and distributing the daily post as appropriate
- Dealing with visitor queries, drop offs and collections
- Assisting with external suppliers of products and services to the office
- Keeping a record log of all visitors in/out of the building
- Maintaining a neat and tidy reception area
- Ensuring meeting rooms are prepared in advance of all meetings
- Day to day ad hoc administration and secretarial tasks to support the Membership and Operations team
- Reviewing and processing data
- Updating the CRM with post, calls and meetings
- Assisting the Garda Vetting team to review and process applications
- Supporting members with Garda Vetting queries
- Compiling monthly and quarterly reports
- Provide support to the membership team during renewal period
- Project work as required
- At all times undertake the role in a professional manner, maintaining a high-quality
standard of work, in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of ECI.
- Undertake any other such relevant duties as may from time to time arise and are
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are vital
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge/background in the early years sector
- Previous receptionist experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Clear understanding of what good customer service looks like
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Professional and hardworking
Terms and Conditions
Employer: Early Childhood Ireland
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
- This is a Maternity Cover post reporting to the Membership Manager.
- A basic salary in the range €22,000 – €25,000 is offered. The starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- There is a holiday entitlement of 23 days
- Hours of Work: This role is a 9am to 5pm mandatory role with set lunch break of 1.00pm to 2.00pm. Flexible working options are not available. From time to time it will be necessary to work outside normal office hours, time in lieu would apply.
- Garda Vetting is a requirement of this post.
- Candidates should be legally entitled to live, travel and work in the EU.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and letter of application to Rita Dolan email@example.com before 12.00 noon on Friday 26 February 2021. The CV should be no more than three pages long. Interviews will be held on the week beginning 7 March 2021.
- Shortlisting of candidates may apply and will be on the basis of the Job Description and Person Specification. Candidates may be asked for further information or to undertake other tasks to assist in the assessment process.
- Early Childhood Ireland strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Early Childhood Ireland does not require the assistance of third-party recruitment agencies at this time.