Youth Work Ireland: Social Inclusion Projects Officer
Youth Work Ireland is recruiting for a
SOCIAL INCLUSION PROJECTS OFFICER
(Short-term contract [25 hours per week flexible] - March - Dec 2021)
Youth Work Ireland is a rights-based, participatory organisation which works to deliver quality youth services to young people in Ireland through our 21 Member Youth Services.
Location: Online with possible occasional work in Youth Work Ireland National Office, Dublin 1
Contract Timeframe: 10 months contract beginning mid-March.
Summary of Position:
Developing youth work practice supports with Youth Work Ireland Member Youth Services:
With the support of the practice development team the Social Inclusion Projects Officer (SIPO) will develop youth work practice supports based on the best practice and innovation within Youth Work Ireland Members. This will involve surveying, analysing, collating and publishing reports of youth work practice.
Promoting the youth work practice of Youth Work Ireland Member Youth Services:
As part of the practice development team the SIPO will communicate the achievement and outcomes of the various social inclusion, diversity and advocacy projects run by Youth Work Ireland and its member services. This will require developing blog posts, social media posts, flyers, newsletters and other promotional products to disseminate the practice supports described above.
Secretarial / Admin Support for Sub-Groups of the National Board of Youth Work Ireland
The SIPO will provide secretariat / admin support to the Strategic Planning Committee and the National Youth Action Group of the board of Youth Work Ireland.
The idea candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work on their own initiative.
- Good knowledge of social media marketing and dissemination.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Passion for advocacy, inclusion and diversity for young people.
- Ability to act with discretion and always maintain confidentiality.
- Strong appreciation and commitment to the ethos of volunteering.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in national office, and other stakeholders in national.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a target driven approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A qualification in social sciences, media, communications, or equivalent.
This position may possibly suit a social science / media graduate who would like the opportunity to work with an existing team on established projects.
Salary Scale: Development Officer Grade 1 €35,935.89 to €49,910.49 (pro rata)
To apply please forward:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability of the post (250) words)
- An example of your written work (See below) *
- An application form and – link here
- An up-to- date CV
To email@example.com by Sunday, 7th March 2021
*NB Aa a significant part of this role is writing; applications must be accompanied by an example of your written work in order to be considered. The sample can be any example of your writing abilities including academic work, journalism, fiction, or essay form writing.
Youth Work Ireland and its affiliates are equal opportunities employers.