Foróige - West Limerick Youth Initiative: Youth Officer
West Limerick Youth Initiative
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, funded by the Tusla, The Project is a partnership between Foróige, Túsla – Child and Family Agency and the local community. The project will be managed by Foróige and funded by Túsla. This project is based in Newcastle Co. Limerick and invite applications for the following position:
Professional Qualifications and Experience (E) = Essential, (D) = Desirable
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard preferably in Youth Work / Community Development / Applied Social Care etc (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications) (E)
- Access to car and full driving licence (E)
- Ability to engage target group (E)
- Paid or voluntary, experience working with young people (D)
- An understanding of Youth Work and Community Work methodologies (D)
Please view the job spec below for full details on all requirements.
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
The full job spec and Foróige application form can be downloaded from this page (see below) and is also available to download from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all applications can only be accepted by way of Foróige Application Form
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm 9th March 2021
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.