Shannon’s Hopeline: Freelance Adolescent Psychotherapist
About Shannon’s Hopeline
Shannon’s Hopeline was set up in memory of Shannon Kelleher who died from suicide at the age of 13 in 2012. Shannon’s Mum and Aunt set up the charity together. At Shannon’s Hopeline we support and educate young people and their families in the Dublin Area on the importance of looking after their mental health. To prevent suicide and reduce stigma before problems become a crisis. We do this by providing three services.
- A free educational workshop designed by Shannon’s Hopeline called ‘Be Kind to your Mind’
- Low-cost counselling service with Mosaic Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.psychotherapyireland.ie) for young people up to the age of 25 years.
- Support Group to parents who are struggling to help their children with concerns of depression, anxiety etc;
For more information, please visit our website: www.shannonshopeline.ie
About the Role
Shannon’s Hopeline/Mosaic Counselling are currently seeking a freelance pre-accredited adolescent psychotherapist to provide evening online/phone therapy sessions and some morning face to face sessions also. Attend an online meeting every 6 weeks with Mosaic and Shannon’s Hopeline. Position would suit a therapist who has finished studying and is looking to build up client contract hours.
- Minimum Level 8 degree in child and Adolescent
- Public Liability/ Professional Indemnity insurance and IACP or other relevant governing body membership
- Two references for clinical work from previous placement or equivalent
- Be flexible with hours
Why should you join us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved in youth mental health. You will be part of an organisation working to develop strong and confident young people.
(Please note this is an affiliated contract, based on an if and when basis, it is not a salary-based job. This position is to provide freelance counselling for Shannon’s Hopeline throughout the length of COVID-19 to help cope with the demand on services already used. The position then can be reviewed with a view of trying to keep the position open after the pandemic also. All therapy for Shannon’s Hopeline is community based low-cost therapy to help those who are struggling emotionally.)
CV or if you require more information should be sent to Lisa Kelleher at email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and subject to background checks in advance of placement offer.