SWAN Garda Youth Diversion Project: Various Vacancies - East Wall
A quality health promoting regional youth service, based in the North East inner city Dublin is expanding its GYDP service to the East Wall community with instatement of four new positions. These positions will be required to work with the SWAN Youth Service GYPD team in developing, implementing and evaluating programme activities. We wish to invite energetic and interested individuals to apply for the following full-time posts within the Garda Youth Diversion Program.
- An NSETS recognised professionally endorsed qualification in Youth Work or Youth and Community Work is essential plus 5 years full time experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity
- Have worked with young people for five years full time and have experience of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid capacity and have an equivalent professional Degree level qualification within the Education/Social Sciences /Youth Work or Community Work field.
Two Full-time Youth Justice Workers
- A professionally endorsed qualification in Youth and Community Work is essential plus two years experience of working with young people at risk is desirable.
- An equivalent professional qualification or relevant degree plus two years full time experience of working with young people at risk is essential.
- Have worked as a full-time youth worker without formal qualifications for at least 3 years.
One Full-time Family Support Worker
- A professionally endorsed qualification in Youth and Community Work, Social Care, or related field is essential plus two years experience of working with young people and/ or families at risk is desirable.
- Have worked as a full-time youth worker or Family Support Worker without formal qualifications for at least 3 years.
These posts are funded through IYJS and the Dorman Accounts Fund. The role will require evening and weekend work. Garda Vetting will apply to this post. CDYSB salary scale applies.
The job requires flexible hours including weekend and evening work.
Applications for these positions by C.V. and covering letter by post, addressed to the Director, Swan Youth Service, St Agatha’s Hall, Dunne St, Dublin 1.
For information pack and job descriptions please call Ciara at 087 7823507.
Short listing may apply and a panel may be formed.
Closing dates for receipt of applications is 5pm Monday 15th February 2021.
Swan Youth Service is an equal opportunities employer.