Ballymun Youth Action Project: Project Worker
Ballymun Youth Action Project CLG
APPLICATION DATE EXTENSION
The Ballymun Youth Action Project [BYAP] is a community response to drug and alcohol misuse. It was founded in 1981 after three young people from Ballymun had died from drugs-related causes. As a response that has come from within the community of Ballymun, we strive to reduce the negative impact of drug and alcohol use on the lives of individuals and families, and on this community.
The services provided through the Ballymun Youth Action Project respond across the continuum of care, ranging from low threshold services to aftercare.
We are currently inviting applications for the following position.
Project Worker. Ref: PW20. Fixed Term Contract.
We are looking for individuals with enthusiasm, commitment, and initiative.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Capacity to engage with individuals and families who are experiencing difficulties with drug or alcohol use.
- Experience and understanding of client assessment and care planning.
- Understanding of the range of interventions appropriate to a continuum of care, and capacity to use such interventions.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and to work in partnership with other agencies and services.
- Recognition of the importance of ongoing review and the development of effective strategies and approaches to support the work of the Project.
- Capacity to make full use of formal and informal supervision
- Adherence to the highest standards of professionalism, and capacity to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Project.
- Candidates must possess a relevant 3rd Level Qualification. For the role of Project Worker PW20 – a Minimum Level 7 QQI (including Diploma Level) is required.
- Candidates will have a least 3 years’ experience of working within the context of addiction.
- Candidates must successfully complete the Garda Vetting Process.
The salary is aligned with the HSE Project Worker Scale.
The position is based in the Ballymun Youth Action Project, with some work offsite.
Applicants must complete an Application Form [Attached below] accompanied by a cover letter.
Send Completed Application Form and Cover letter in hard copy, or by email, to:-
Ballymun Youth Action Project
If submitting Application by email please ensure required signatures are also provided. Please note that applications that are incomplete, or that do not meet the minimum requirements, will not be considered.
Applications should arrive no later than 5.00 p.m. on Friday 29th January 2021.
Short listing for interview may apply. Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 8th February 2021.
Ballymun Youth Action Project CLG., is an equal opportunities employer