Limerick Youth Service: Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists
Invitation for Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists
with specific training in CBT approaches
(Self Employed Basis – Initially 6 months)
Limerick Youth Service is a leading provider of youth work, education, employability & training projects & programmes for young people. We deliver a diverse array of innovative & youth led programmes that improve the personal, social, educational and civic development of a young person. Our mission statement is:
“Connecting with Young People and supporting them to reach their full potential”.
We also provide a range of counselling services for young people aged (14 to 25) across Limerick City & County through our “Be Well” Team. This is a Mental Health provision for young people who are in need of support for mental health & well-being.
We are now inviting applications from suitably qualified Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists to provide online Life Skills Training to young people.
The clients will be identified by the Be Well Team and referred directly to the therapist. Sessions will be delivered online during work hours, afterschool and may include evenings and weekends when young people are available. The successful candidate will need to have completed relevant training in providing online support and be comfortable with this level of engagement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a recognised qualification (Diploma or Degree) in Counselling & Psychotherapy with specific training in the area of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or equivalent.
- Have experience in working with Adolescents aged 14-25 especially those that might be considered marginalised/at risk.
- Adept in working with young people with ASC would also be a distinct advantage.
- Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Have experience using CORE OM or similar web based psychological tool system.
- Have access to or developed a suitable CBT based Life Skills programme that would be suitable to engage young people from age 14-25yrs.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Limerick Youth Service Models of Therapy which is grounded in a Strengths based approach
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Limerick Youth service.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Participate in ongoing external supervision and attend BE WELL team meetings once a month.
- To maintain accurate, confidential records of practice
- Fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- Maintain professional and personal boundaries
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP and PSI.
Application Process must include the following documents:
- Tax clearance certificate
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Evidence of External Supervision
- Proof of accreditation with recognised body.
Interested applicants can download a Job description and application form at the following link: https://limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/
Proposals must be submitted by 6pm no later than Friday 12th February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply