Five Rivers Ireland: Duty Social Worker
Duty Social Worker
Job title: Duty social Worker, Five Rivers Ireland
Reporting to: Fostering team leader.
Qualifications: Newly qualified social worker. Registered social worker with CORU.
Working hours: Full time position. (37 hours)
Contract: 6-month temporary contract with a review at the end of the 6 months to determine service needs and requirements.
Salary: In line with Tusla social work pay scale.
Office base: Five Rivers Ireland, Unit 4 Block 8, Corporate Business Park 1, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Travel: The job is office based. Any travel expenses incurred will be reimbursed in line with company policy.
Five Rivers Ireland is an independent private fostering agency and has been in operation in Ireland since 2002. We were the first private fostering agency to be established in Ireland. Five Rivers was originally founded in England before setting up an office in Dublin, Ireland. Our Cork Office has been in operation since January 2011. We work closely with Tusla. We are a social enterprise.
To manage the duty social work function for Five Rivers Ireland.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To follow up on any emergency placements made with Tusla’s National Out of Hours Service and ensure a move on plan with the local Tusla team.
- To liaise effectively with emergency foster carers and keep them updated in terms of placement plans.
- To manage referrals from Tusla, to disseminate referral information to the wider social work team and to duly report back to Tusla.
- To engage in the initial matching of children in care with foster families.
- To follow up on any enquiries to foster from the general public and to begin the process of determining suitability and eligibility for assessment.
- To engage in the recruitment of potential foster carers.
- To work closely with the senior social work practitioners who oversee enquiries, referrals and recruitment for Five Rivers Ireland.
- To work in partnership and to maintain effective relationships with Tusla’s Crisis Intervention Service Partnership and Tusla’s National Out of Hours Service.
- To provide support and guidance to foster carers and to liaise with Tusla on behalf of foster carers and foster children as required.
- To follow established internal work processes and procedures.
- To abide by child protection procedures and Children First guidance and legislation.
- To work in accordance with legislation and national guidance governing social work practice.
- To record data and information in line with GDPR guidance, company policy and recommendations from Tusla and HIQA.
- To undertake on-call/out of hours duties for the Five Rivers Ireland Emergency Placement Service on a rota basis.
- To take responsibility for own continuous professional development.
- To prepare for and actively engage in formal supervision.
- To attend and actively engage in team meetings and social work peer support meetings.
- To work as part of a team.