Young Social Innovators: Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Position: Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Young Social Innovators, DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
Report to: Head of Communications
Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a not for profit education body which provides transformative innovation processes and programmes for students primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Through YSI, educators, schools and communities facilitate and support youth-led social innovation which benefits the development of youth and communities. This education empowers and strengthens youth voice and participation and develops active local and global citizens for today and into the future.
Since 2001, YSI is championing thinking and modelling around social innovation and entrepreneurial education. We want to give everybody an opportunity to use their creativity to respond to social issues and contribute to building a fairer, more caring and equal society. Everything we have ever created has been designed with this purpose. To achieve this, we empower and support young people to realise their potential as social innovators, giving them the skills and confidence to tackle the social issues facing them, their communities and wider society. Social innovation learning builds wellbeing amongst young people and communities and helps build a more inclusive, empathetic, and fair society.
YSI has a requirement to hire a Digital Marketing and Communications Manager who will be at the heart of promoting our purpose and brand running all marketing activities to engage, attract, and advocate for social innovation and entrepreneurial education.
YSI is looking for a creative marketeer and content writer who is passionate about social innovation, learning and the opportunity to empower the future of our nation--youth and education.
You will have a breath of creative marketing and communications experience using digital to enhance your reach, message, and engagement. You will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork and management abilities. You will be a self-starter and happy to be both a thinker and a doer!
Leadership: You will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and translates high level goals to well thought through plans, using resources effectively to achieve specific objectives.
Communication and Teamwork: You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively across the YSI team to build, enhance, and support our marketing, communications, and event offerings.
Flexibility and Versatility: You will be able to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines with persistence and drive for results. Some travel (post Covid-19 restrictions) maybe be required to support the work.
Innovation and Creativity: You will be naturally creative, enjoy idea generation and demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking in the engagement and outreach campaigns you run, alongside ensuring quality implementation.
- A degree or level 9 equivalent (In accordance with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)) in a relevant discipline is preferred e.g. communications, digital marketing, PR etc
- Strong strategic understanding of digital communications, social media strategies and email marketing as tools for promotion and engagement.
- Understanding of and experience using SEO strategies, paid digital advertising, and google AdWords etc
- Experience utilising CRM systems and email marketing tools to manage and track marketing/communications campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and google analytics, and the use of metrics to inform campaign strategy and planning.
- Proven excellence in content writing and creation for various channels and audiences including articles, blogs, social media, talks, presentations etc
- Desktop publishing, graphic design and video editing skills advantageous.
Recruitment and Sales
- Develop digital marketing and sales strategy to support recruitment and uptake of YSI educational offerings
- Develop lead generation digital campaigns to support recruitment efforts
- Use SEO and targeted digital advertising to best effect
- Develop and create engaging content to support campaign outreach
- Enhance teacher onboarding journey with relevant and well-timed communications
YSI Website and Social Media Channels
- Manage and oversee website content production and administration including the planning and creation of regular and engaging content for YSI blog
- Develop and manage monthly multi-channel social media calendar to achieve organisational objectives and grow YSI’s online community across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Prepare and present monthly analytics reports on YSI’s online engagement
Support content creation for digital campaigns and annual events
- Design and implement digital engagement campaigns for key stakeholders to include campaign strategy, messaging, design, planning and implementation
- Use analytics to review and inform campaign strategy and planning both during and post campaigns to measure effectiveness
- Report on campaign success against agreed goals
Build, Develop, Promote YSI's Brand amongst key stakeholders
- Grow and increase YSI’s brand awareness within youth, education, public, government and corporate sectors
- Identify opportunities to promote YSI’s brand amongst new and existing target markets
- Create engaging digital content to tell the YSI story to existing and new target audiences
- Share engaging partner specific communications and content to increase partner engagement and experience
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience quality you as an ideal fit for this key position to email@example.com by Sunday 6th December 2020.