Youth Work Ireland Galway: Youth Worker (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Youth Work Ireland Galway seeks to employ a Youth Worker (Part-Time)
Youth Work Ireland Galway is one of the leading youth work providers in Galway City and County providing a range of services and supports to young people, their families and communities over 5 decades.
This post is based in Galway City Centre in the CAPE Youth Project and the successful candidate will be expected to plan, deliver and report on programmes for young people aged between 10 and 24 years of age in accordance with the organisational ethos and policies and in line with the current funding agreement.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Education to Degree standard, preferably in Youth/Community Work (or relevant discipline as determined by the Employer).
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in the youth sector
- Ability to engage with the identified target groups
- An understanding of Youth and Community Work
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with young people
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and external agencies
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative as well as working effectively within a team
- Good written communication and report writing skills
- Ability to follow organisational guidelines and processes
- Good computer skills and knowledge of relevant online platforms for virtual delivery of programmes
The contract will be 21 hours per week for six months from 1st January 2021 to 30th June 2021. Please note flexibility will be needed in relation to working times.
As the work involves contact with young people the successful applicant will be subject to Garda vetting.
Interviews may be carried out remotely or in person depending on Public Health guidance at the relevant time.
Applications should be made by emailing your CV and 1 page cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on the 30th November 2020. No written applications can be accepted at this time. Copies of the job description may be requested by email.
Youth Work Ireland Galway is a member of Youth Work Ireland and an Equal Opportunities Employer.