Belvedere Youth Club: Restorative Practice Co-ordinator / Specialist
Job Title: Restorative Practice Co-ordinator / Specialist
Reports to: Restorative Practice Advisory Committee, line reporting to BYC General Manager
Duration: This position is available on an initial 18 month fixed term, 37 hour a week contract, with a 6-month probationary period.
Location: 41 Buckingham Street Lower, Mountjoy, Dublin 1
Hours: The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday, some unsocial hours to align with youth club times will be required.
Salary Range: €50,000 - €60,000 dependent on experience
Deadline for Application: 4pm. Friday 4th December 2020
To apply for this role, please send a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 4th December 2020
For shortlisted candidates, interviews will take place online in the week of Dec 14th 2020. Second interview: competency interview and presentation may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
BYC is a youth service based in the north east inner city of Dublin which has been working with young people in this community since 1918. BYC delivers targeted programmes to young people and has endeavoured to be at the forefront of best practice in youth work.
BYC works with children and young people that are exposed to the impacts of poverty, unemployment, drug and alcohol misuse and a range of other social problems to a greater extent than almost any other children in the country. BYC provides services to for up to 300 children and young people aged 7-25 and works closely with other community and youth organisations.
In its direct work with young people, there are three areas of priority for BYC:
- Universal services that are available to all members. They include drop-in services for primary and secondary school children in the afternoon and evening as well as a summer programme.
- Targeted youth programmes that are delivered by the youth work team to smaller groups to develop self-confidence, creativity, informal learning, and relationships. These programmes include homework clubs, outdoor activities, sports and activities, drama, computer skills, photography, creative writing, and youth leadership.
- Working with ‘harder to reach’ young people that involves working in small groups and one to one setting. This work involves building stronger relationships with their families and helping them to define a direction for their lives.
To support these priorities BYC wish to recruit a Restorative Practice (“RP”) specialist who will work as part of the BYC leadership team to embed RP practices across the club and support BYC in its aim of becoming a truly Restorative Organisation. BYC want to ensure better outcomes for children and young people and through RP want to create an environment that gives children and young people a voice within the community.
BYC vision for RP: “We create opportunities and foster wellbeing by embedding Restorative Practice techniques in our youth club and community thereby reducing conflict and creating an environment where all can thrive.”
To that end BYC will establish an Advisory Committee that will support BYC in achieving its Restorative Practice ambitions.
The post holder will report to the RP Advisory Committee. Line management accountability will be to the BYC General Manager. The RP specialist will be accountable for leading the transformation of the youth club to a RP organisation and for collaborating with the wider community in supporting delivery of RP initiatives across the North East Inner City.
- Development of an RP Strategy for BYC that aligns to overall BYC strategic plan and defines how BYC will achieve its ambition of becoming a RP reference site for the NEIC in a three-year period
- Delivery and ownership of an Operational Plan that defines deliverables, milestones and success metrics required to transform BYC into a Restorative Organisation
- Develop and implement a communication and engagement plan that promotes and embeds Restorative Practice in BYC.
- Work as part of the BYC leadership team to embed Restorative Practice in all elements of BYC
- Provide RP insights and input to all BYC activities including youth programmes, new initiatives, volunteering activities
- Act as a coach and mentor to support the BYC team in implementing RP techniques and practices
- Deliver formal and informal RP training and mentorship to BYC staff, clients, Board, parents, and guardians.
- Develop specific RP training materials as required
- Work closely with external stakeholders, such as the ELI, to advocate relationships-based practice and the benefits of RP
- Work with external academic and funding agencies to develop and collate the metrics required to monitor and track progress
- A passion for the value of Restorative Practice and the ability to articulate how it can make a difference
- A strategic, objective thinker with a proven ability to develop and deliver a strategic plan
- Proven track record in delivering transformational change
- Confidence and determination to challenge current practices and mindsets while maintaining effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to make an impact across a broad range of stakeholders and delivery platforms
- High levels of resilience and energy
- Results focused with an ability to multi-task and deliver on time and on budget
- Ability to collaborate and contribute as part of a team both within BYC and the wider community
- Facilitation experience in running RP interventions and workshops
- Ability to design and collate data to demonstrate the impact of Restorative Practice within BYC
- Experience in tendering for funding and managing grants once received
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Advanced training and practical experience in Restorative practice
- A passion to support a community to grow their capacity to take responsibility for social change within their communities, through RP practices
This is a key role in delivering the growth strategy of BYC and ensuring the delivery of existing and new services are fulfilled to the highest quality. If you feel you have the skills, experience, drive, and enthusiasm to join this dynamic and passionate organisation, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible!