Barnardos: Project Worker (Part-Time) - Mullingar & Athlone Family Support Projects
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Mullingar & Athlone Family Support Projects, Co. Westmeath
Part time (2 days / 15 hours) and Permanent contract.
The two working days are Thursday & Friday.
There is no flexibility on these.
This role will initially be based in Mullingar but the postholder is required to work in our Athlone service in line with the needs of both services.
€12,512 - €19,340 DOE (this is the pro rata salary for 15 hrs)
What do our Family Support Services do?
Our services offer a range of supports for families, which include individual sessions with children, sessions with siblings, parent and child sessions, group-based therapeutic support for children, parenting support focusing on strengthening and modelling core-parenting skills, and structured parent-child support which aim to enhance and strengthen the parent-child relationship. Parents may be seen with their children and/ or on their own depending on the presenting need. The services operate Monday to Friday.
To develop and implement programmes that respond to the needs of children and families referred to the service working in partnership with families and other organisational, community and voluntary bodies.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
- A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum Level 7 on the QQI, course content should include relevant student placements) in one of the following:
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Social Care
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology, Early Years Education).
Note: this list can be varied depending on the specific requests of the post.
- Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured vehicle essential.
- The postholder is initially assigned to work in the Mullingar and Athlone Family Support projects but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Midlands area in line with organisational needs.
For full job description and to apply check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 30th October 2020
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.