SpunOut.ie: Content & Database Curator (six-month contract)
Job Title: Content & Database Curator
Reporting To: Head of Content
Location: Fleet Street, Dublin 2
Contract duration: Six-month fixed-term contract
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week
To apply: Via Workable https://apply.workable.com/communitycreations/j/497BCF4431/
Remuneration €32,000 per annum pro-rata
Benefits 25 day annual leave (exclusive of public holidays), financial support for further education, 2 days positive mental health leave annually
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website, and 50808, a new free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support.
SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s youth information website, by young people for young people. SpunOut.ie’s vision is to help create an Ireland where young people aged between 16 and 25 are empowered with the information they need to live active, happy, and healthy lives. SpunOut.ie supported over 1.6 million young people with information resources in 2019.
50808 is a first of its kind for Ireland: a free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support for people going through a mental health or emotional crisis - big or small. From breakups or bullying, to anxiety, depression and suicidal feelings, our Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations. Our aim is to provide immediate support in the short term and connect people to resources that will help them into the future.
About the role
The Content & Database Curator is responsible for developing compelling content, curating engaging related content pathways on our website and managing the service signposts database. The role will support the development of a dynamic signposting tool for the SpunOut.ie website which aims to connect readers with the content, support or resources they’re looking for - fast. It will be a smart search tool to connect readers with relevant factual information, livechat information support or digital mental health support in a way that is personal to their circumstances.
To succeed in the role the ideal candidate will have some experience in crafting compelling copy, curating engaging content channels and managing databases. You will demonstrate strong soft skills, excellent multitasking skills and a solutions focused approach to your work.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via this Workable link only. Only applications submitted via Workable will be accepted.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Content & Database Curator duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan the development of site content, style and layout in line with the content strategy and guidelines
- Create, edit, proof and publish engaging content
- Optimise content for SEO
- Use content management systems to organise content
- Manage content distribution to other channels
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Skills and Attributes:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualification in journalism, marketing, communications or relevant field
- Proven work experience creating compelling content and maintaining databases
- Hands on experience with MS Office, GSuite and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and digital publishing software
- Knowledge of SEO and analytics
- Familiarity with digital marketing
- Solid understanding of youth culture and the mental health sector in Ireland
The ideal candidate will:
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Demonstrate strong soft skills including; empathy, good listening skills, and adaptability
- Be a self-starter with; strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritise and balance conflicting demands
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think algorithmically
Applications and Queries
Deadline for receipt of applications is 31st October at midnight.
You can apply for this role by completing this Workable form only.
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance
Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
25 days annual leave pro rata (exclusive of public holidays), 2 days positive mental health leave annually
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.