Community Creations (SpunOut.ie & 50808): Digital Marketing & Community Manager
Job Title: Digital Marketing & Community Manager
Reporting To: Head of Digital
Location: Fleet Street, Dublin 2
Contract duration: Initial fixed-term contract to December 2021
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 39 hours a week
To apply: Via Workable https://apply.workable.com/communitycreations/j/D08D03B9D1/
Remuneration €40,000 per annum
Benefits 25 day annual leave (exclusive of public holidays), financial support for further education, 2 days positive mental health leave annually
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website, and 50808, a new free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support.
SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s youth information website, by young people for young people. SpunOut.ie’s vision is to help create an Ireland where young people aged between 16 and 25 are empowered with the information they need to live active, happy, and healthy lives. SpunOut.ie supported over 1.6 million young people with information resources in 2019.
50808 is a first of its kind for Ireland: a free 24/7 text service, providing everything from a calming chat to immediate support for people going through a mental health or emotional crisis - big or small. From breakups or bullying, to anxiety, depression and suicidal feelings, our Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations. Our aim is to provide immediate support in the short term and connect people to resources that will help them into the future.
About the role
Community Creations is seeking to appoint a full-time Digital Marketing & Community Manager to work across both of its services; SpunOut.ie and 50808.
As Digital Marketing & Community Manager you will be the staff liaison between the services and their respective digital audiences. You will act as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through inclusive community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence, build brand trust and drive conversions to both SpunOut.ie (readers) and 50808 (texters).
The ideal candidate is a digital professional with exceptional soft skills and an ability to produce engaging digital content. The Digital Marketing & Community Manager will be a ‘people person’ with a customer service ethos and PR approach with an ability to empathetically moderate conversations with our community.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via this Workable link only. Only applications submitted via Workable will be accepted.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Digital Marketing & Community Manager’s duties and responsibilities include:
Strategy & Brand:
- Working with the Head of Digital you will contribute to the development of a comprehensive digital strategy for all organisational channels
- Coordinate with digital, multimedia and fundraising colleagues to ensure brand consistency across all channels
- Develop an inclusive tone of voice for the organisations’ digital channels
- Working with other team members, you will lead the design and curation of information and marketing campaigns for all digital channels
- Adapt existing SpunOut.ie content for digital channels for both services - and create new content where necessary - to attract new readers (SpunOut.ie) and texters (50808)
- Ensure the needs of under-served communities are considered in all digital marketing approaches
- As community manager you will ensure all messaging, content, and crisis management across channels is prompt, professional, consistent with the service’s brand, and empathetic
- Pay attention to conversations and trends online and ensure the two brands engage in conversations relevant to their service-offerings
- Organise and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to stay updated on new resources and service offerings that may be of interest to our communities
- Build relationships with readers, texters, potential readers, potential texters, subject matter experts and journalists
Research, Analytics and Reporting:
- A/B test different content marketing approaches and refine approaches based on outcomes
- Listen to the needs of our online communities and communicate insights to the rest of the team
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews of both services and communicate this feedback to relevant team members
- Stay up-to-date with digital trends and advocate for the adoption of new digital tools where relevant
- Monitor key performance indicators related to digital performance and draft reports for senior management, the board, funders and other stakeholders
Skills and Attributes:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualification in digital marketing, communications or relevant field
- Three years of relevant experience in digital marketing management
- Two years of relevant experience in digital community management
- Proven ability to create compelling content and curate engaging digital channels
- Track record in building engaged online communities
- Solid understanding of youth culture and the mental health sector in Ireland
- Proven ability to recognise and respond to emerging trends and deliver results
- Ability to identify and track relevant KPIs
The ideal candidate will:
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Demonstrate strong soft skills including; empathy, good listening skills, and adaptability
- Be a self-starter with; strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritise and balance conflicting demands
- Possess strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
Applications and Queries
Deadline for receipt of applications is 31st October at midnight.
You can apply for this role by completing this Workable form at the below link:
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance
Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
25 days annual leave pro rata (exclusive of public holidays), 2 days positive mental health leave annually
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.