Barnardos: Head of Events
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Head of Events
Christchurch Square, Dublin 8 with national travel as required
Fulltime and Permanent
€40,253 - €54,667
What will the Head of Events do?
The post holder will lead and manage the Barnardos programme of national fundraising campaigns, community and digital events, ensuring the best return on investment and maximising the media reach for each.
They will lead the national events team to maximise income, increase supporter base, increase participation levels and create a targeted level of growth for all national events and community fundraising activity on and off line.
Working with the support of the Fundraising Manager, they will refresh Barnardos existing events portfolio as well as lead the development of new national events including the launch of new national campaign in 2021 and line manage two members of staff.
- Minimum of 3 year’s fundraising, marketing or business development experience.
- Experience of managing and leading a team.
- Excellent computer skills and working experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and database packages.
- Exposure to other elements of fundraising and/or marketing activity would be very beneficial but is not essential.
- Education to degree level (desirable) or relevant experience gained either in the corporate or voluntary sector.
Full driver’s license and access to a suitably insured vehicle
Ability to travel nationally in line with the needs of the work and work evenings and weekends as required in the role.
For full job description and to apply check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 29th October 2020
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.