YMCA Ireland: Tutor / Youth Worker (Maternity Cover, Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
YMCA Ireland is accepting applications for the post of
Tutor / Youth worker (MATERNITY LEAVE COVER), STEP Programme, Cork City
14 hours / week
The role of the Tutor/ Youth worker will deliver various modules to young people aged between 17-25. The role involves the delivery of QQI modules using Google Classroom and the candidate will work with a small team of other tutors. The post will be 2 days / week, based in Cork City, headquartered in YMCA Cork (11 Marlboro Street). The post holder will report directly to the STEP Coordinator (Cork City).
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: 23/10/2020
Post Start Date: 04/01/2021
Duties will include:
- Delivering modules as outlined in the YMCA Step manual
- Involvement in the delivery of QQI level 4 in Employment Skills or General Learning
- Contribution to the ongoing development of the STEP programme.
- Assist in the YMCA STEP Evaluation process.
- Responsible for daily record sheets, candidate portfolios and presentation of assessment materials in the QQI modules delivered.
- A Third level qualification in the area of youth/community work, education, social sciences or other related field.
- Work Experience (a minimum of one years’ experience working with young people in a similar environment).
- Good Administrative Skills
- Good understanding of the group work process
Garda Vetting and shortlisting will apply to this post.
The post is a part time position for 14 hours over 2 days 9.00am to 5.00pm for a six month period starting in Jan 2021 to July 2021. The Salary Scale YMCA A1 for Part Time tutor applies (pro rata).
For an Application Form, Detailed Job Description and Person Specification please visit www.ymca-ireland.net/jobs