Clare Haven Services: Refuge Worker (Relief Panel)
Clare Haven Services
Clare Haven Services is based in Ennis Co. Clare and provides a range of support services including 24 hour refuge accommodation to women and children who experience domestic abuse.
We are currently seeking applications to extend our relief panel for the following position in the Refuge. The successful candidate will be working alongside a dedicated team providing services for women and children who experience domestic abuse.
Refuge Worker: - Relief Panel.
The purpose of the role is to provide cover for refuge workers as required which will include been available to work a variety of shifts to cover evenings, overnight and weekend work.
- A relevant third level qualification in social care, minimum Level 6
- A minimum of one year of employment in the area of social care
- Knowledge of Domestic Abuse and its impact on women and children
- Understanding/ working knowledge of Children’s First Legislation/ Child Care Act
- Flexibility to work shifts on 24/7 roster
- Previous experience of working in a domestic abuse service or other similar setting
- An interest in the area of violence against women and related gender equality issues
Skills and Abilities:
- An ability to maintain positive relations with clients, colleagues, and other professional agencies
- An ability to be organised in ones approach to work, to follow through with tasks and to maintain records
- An ability to work pro-actively and reflectively to ensure best practice in all areas of service delivery
- An ability to work in a stressful environment and to work effectively within an environment involving shift work
- Strong ICT skills
- A commitment to providing the highest level of quality service
Hours of work: Available for days, evenings, nights & weekends as required
Please submit letter of application in writing and 3 copies of your C.V. to:-
Clare Haven Services,
Ennis, Co. Clare
If you would like any further information please contact H.R. Manager on 087 9519183
Closing date for application: - 12 noon - Wednesday 28th October 2020