Stepping Stones Care: Social Care Workers & Healthcare Assistants
Urgent – Vacancies for Social Care Workers & Healthcare Assistants
Rush, North Co Dublin
Experience working with Children with ID and Challenging Behaviour
Stepping Stones Care Ltd, was established in 2008. Our primary purpose was, initially to provide mainstream residential care services to young people who, for various reasons cannot live at home. Our purpose has evolved over time and we now offer a broad spectrum of services to include mainstream residential care and specialised care services for young people and adults with disabilities. We are proud to offer residential care, community care, respite care, aftercare and semi-independent services
- sufficient professional knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- an understanding of theory and practice in the delivery of Residential Childcare Services
- sufficient awareness of policy, legislative and professional requirements to ensure an appropriate standard of service delivery
- the capacity to plan and manage resources in an effective and resourceful manner
- the ability to manage self in a busy working environment including the ability to prioritise workloads
- flexibility and openness to change
- to assist in the day-to-day care and supervision of the clients within the home including engaging with them in activities such as housework, maintenance of clothing, cooking and personal care.
- effective team skills
- a commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a user centred service
- the ability to empathise with and treat others with dignity and respect
- Relevant recognised Diploma in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications), or, FETAC/QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support/Health Service Skills, or equivalent.
- Certification in MAPA, BUCCAL, SAMS, Children’s First, Manual Handling, First Aid, Fire Safety would be advantageous but not essential.
- Must have a full clean current driving licence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available for day, weekend, night duty and ‘sleep-over’ shifts
- Experience of supporting children/adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism
- Experience of working with individuals with behaviours of concern
- Excellent, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and IT skills
If you think you have what it takes please apply to HR@steppingstonescare.ie or 01 8397509
Competitive Rates of Pay
Closing Date 9th November 2020