Kerry Diocesan Youth Service: Volunteer Support Officer
We are currently recruiting for
KDYS Volunteer Support Officer
The post holder will make a difference in the lives of young people and their families by providing exceptional support to remarkable people who volunteer their time and expertise because they care about the wellbeing of young people and their communities.
Since 1971 Kerry Diocesan Youth Service (KDYS) has been the leading Youth Work Organisation in the South West of Ireland. KDYS provides a wide range of activities for all young people in our region. Our approach means that young people actively participate in their own development towards adulthood.
The post holder will be a highly motivated individual with excellent people skills. Key requirements of the role are to:
- Train, co-ordinate and support adult volunteers who provide 1:1 mentoring support for vulnerable young people aged 10 to 21 years
- Train, support and develop our affiliated volunteers in the community
- Develop and implement the KDYS Strategy for Volunteers across all levels of KDYS
- A relevant degree in youth work, community work, or other relevant discipline. Candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience of Youth Work or supporting Volunteers
A panel may be formed from which future vacancies may be filled.
Please submit completed Application Form on or before: 5 pm, Tuesday 27th October 2020
KDYS is an Equal Opportunities Employer -- KDYS is a Gold Standard Health Promoting Youth Organisation -- KDYS complies with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charity Organisations in Ireland