Solas Project: Youth Worker
The Youth Worker will work within the spirit of Solas Project, the vision of which is an Ireland where all children and young people truly know their self-worth and can take full advantage of their potential. We are achieving this through providing a range of innovative interventions that equip and empower young people to reach their full potential, live life to the full and participate fully in society. Through programmes of learning, mentoring, personal and social development we support young people to create a brighter future for themselves and their communities.
We invite appropriately qualified individuals to apply who are committed to the healthy development of young people in Ireland, have a creative approach to working with our target group, and are enthusiastic about working within a challenging and innovative environment.
Job Title: Youth Worker
Duration: initial 12-month contract
Hours of Work: 35 hrs a week with some weekend and evening work required
Location: Based in Dublin’s south west inner city (The Liberties).
Salary: Dependant on qualifications and experience.
Background to the Role:
Solas Project is expanding its youth work support for young people aged 10 – 25 years. This job combines the running of existing clubs with the opportunity to develop additional youth work supports.
- Step Up: a one-to-one mentoring club for young people in secondary school (1st – 6th years) Each of our 60 young people are assigned their own volunteer mentor who they work with one to one for one hour a week.
- The Bridge: a 2 year programme supporting young people from September of 6th class through to the end of 1st year. The Bridge caters for 10 students from both 6th class and 1st year students. The club takes place over 4 afternoon sessions each week.
- Additional Youth Work Provision: Solas Project are currently in the process of expanding our Youth Work provision to provide drop-in groups and other programmes to enhance our existing work. This development would be a key part of the youth workers role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience of working with young people in a disadvantaged context
- A professional qualification in Youth Work or related discipline.
- Innovative approach with the ability to identify and develop new and fresh ways to support young people that will further the organisation’s mission.
- Experience of both facilitating groups of young people and individual support work.
- Understanding and experience of supporting young people impacted by educational disadvantage.
- Experience of supporting young people through key transitions would be an advantage.
- Appreciation and support of the ethos and values of Solas Project.
Required Attributes and Skills: Compassion, Patience, High Emotional Intelligence, Resilience, Open to Innovation and creativity, Administrative and Report writing skills and Strong People Skills.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to:
Amy Carey, Solas Project, Unit 1 Liberty View, Longs Place, Dublin 8 or email@example.com by Wednesday 28th October 2020.
Please note first round interviews will take place the week of the 1st November.