COPE Galway: Children’s Service Support Worker (Parental Leave Cover) - Modh Eile House
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Children’s Service Support Worker
(Parental Leave Cover)
Would you like to be a part of Solas Óg the children and young people’s support team for Modh Eile House, the new home of COPE Galway’s Domestic Abuse Service?
COPE Galway Domestic Abuse Service provides support to around 500 women and their children each year. Those who use our service are women either at risk from an abusive partner or who have suffered abuse at the hands of a partner in the past. Our role is to provide a safe space for each woman and her children and then to assist her in exploring options and making decisions which will lead to a better life.
We are looking for a Children’s Service Support Worker - someone who will ensure that our service is welcoming, supportive and a safe place for children who visit us and who stay in our refuge or who we support in the community and county.
This role would suit someone who has:
- A demonstrable commitment to women and children and a proven interest and experience in the area of Domestic Violence and Abuse, and who has worked in a refuge or similar type environment
- A 3rd level qualification in Social Studies or equivalent
- Has worked with disadvantaged children and children experiencing problems within their families due to violence or abuse
- Experience in supporting mothers who need guidance in relation to how best to support their children developmentally and emotionally
- An ability to manage oneself in a stressful environment and to work effectively in crisis situations
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations which inform work with children
If you have experience of working with children in a Domestic Abuse Service, a relevant qualification and a commitment to our mission, then we would like to hear from you.
A detailed Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form are available to download below
Hours of Work: 14 hours per week
Contract: 1 years fixed term
Completed Applications should be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19th of October, 2020
This position is subject to Garda Vetting.
COPE Galway is an equal opportunities employer.