Solas Project: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Solas Project is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual with a proven track record in inspirational leadership to join our team and contribute to our existing vision and mission and lead on the development of our future strategy.
The successful candidate will be committed to the positive development of children and young people in Dublin and beyond and ambitious in growing the reach and scale of Solas Project to support even more young people. They will share our dedication and passion for what we do as well as how we do it, inspired by our unique vision, mission and ethos.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and management of the organisation across all its functions, overseeing the management of the existing programmes of the organisation as well as the finance, fundraising and administration functions. They will also be responsible for the development and implementation of structures and systems that will deliver in line with the organisation’s strategy and objectives, while also ensuring its short and long-term resourcing needs.
This is initially a 5-year contract with the possibility of extension.
The basic salary for this role will be commensurate with experience of the successful individual and up to €65,000 per annum
The successful candidate will have the following essential key skills and competencies:
- Have a recognised qualification in Social Studies, Youth and Community Development or equivalent professional qualification or relevant degree
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience, including leading multi-disciplinary teams
- At least a similar level of direct, practical experience in a variety of settings of working with children and/or young people living in areas considered disadvantaged
- Strong understanding of social justice, equality, education and community development issues
- Proven ability to strategically lead, manage and build sustainability within an organisation
- Excellent organisational management experience including overseeing a number of programmes and multi-disciplinary services/interventions
- Exceptional leadership and management skills developed through experience of motivating and managing successful teams to deliver effectively and efficiently on organisational performance objectives
- Experience of building strong collaborate relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders forming lasting and productive partnerships
- A proven track record in fundraising / income generation, including across trusts, foundations and institutional donors as well as philanthropic and corporate partners
- Relevant finance and budget management experience
- Experience of creating and implementing measurement and evaluation frameworks within a community setting
- Proven record of delivering quality outcomes and meeting goals
- Experience of managing regulatory compliance and related risks though development of all related corporate governance and compliance requirements including Child Protection legislation and experience of dealing with critical incidents involving vulnerable young people
If the idea of joining our team and helping chart the next steps of our journey excites you, please see the full candidate pack.
Applications can be submitted by sending a Cover Letter and up-to-date CV to HR Consultant Julie McSorley at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Wednesday 30th September 2020