Bohermore Community Project: Afterschool / Youth Worker
BOHERMORE COMMUNITY PROJECT LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
Bohermore Community Centre, Cooke’s Terrace, Bohermore, Galway Tel: 091 561314
Job Title: Afterschool / Youth Worker
- Hours: 24hour per week
- Location: Bohermore Community Centre, Bohermore, Galway.
Main Purpose of Job
- To work with a team of Youth workers in the provision of an afterschool care service for primary and secondary school children / young people.
- To assist with the implementation of programmes that have been approved by the Board of Management.
- To always work in a manner which upholds the ethos of the community and which positively contributes to the physical, mental, emotional and social development of the children/young people for whom the service is being provided
- To positively contribute to the running of all activities within a safe and stimulating environment in accordance with the Childcare Act (Amended) 2013.
- To work with a team of youth workers.
- To maintain and ensure a safe and stimulating environment for the children/young people for whom the service is being provided.
- To assist in the planning, organising and running of the activities of the service that is being provided, e.g. homework club, youth clubs, drama etc.
- To support in the day to day administration of the service that is being provided in the after schools project.
- To help maintain and ensure a safe and stimulating environment for the children/young people for whom the service is being provided.
- To liaise with parents and others as necessary.
- To report directly to the project coordinator.
- To carry out all responsibilities within an equal opportunities framework.
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office, Internet Usage and basic computer functions.
- To maintain confidentiality at all time.
Must be flexible
- A relevant qualification in the area of childcare/youth development, social care, or equivalent.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Additional qualifications in the area of Youth Work
- Experience of working with young people aged 4-20years old.
- Experience of working in a community-based setting.
- Experience of community-based funding and administration duties e.g., returns to Pobal CCS Scheme, GRETB HSE etc.
- Confident and pleasant manner
- Excellent attitude towards children/young people
- Interest or experience in sport
- Interest or experience in playing a musical instrument
- Interest or experience in drama
- Interest or experience in art
- Must work well on a team.
- Any additional qualification in the area of childcare/youth development.
- First Aid Qualification
- Fire Safety Qualification
- Knowledge and experience of NQSF an advantage
Closing date for receipt of CV and cover letter is 25/ 09 /2020 @ 5 pm. Applicants will be contacted after the closing date. Applications will be accepted by email; firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the above address, for the attention of the co-ordinator.