FutureScape: Social Care Manager
Job Reference: Social Care Manager (Dublin South)
Social Care Manager SCM082020
FutureScape is company responding to meet the needs of vulnerable young people with complex case histories through community, registered residential and aftercare supports and services. We are currently seeking to recruit people for Social Care Manager, for our service in Dublin South. The ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have an interest in playing an active role in service development, while working within a structured and supportive team. FutureScape recognises the inherent individuality of each young person with its primary focus being on meeting them ‘where they are at’ in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational manner that supports their developing independence through healthy social relationships wherein the staff team role model and engage with the young people in a lived environment.
The successful applicant(s) will be supported through induction, supervision and in house training to engage and successfully support the young person’s team both restoratively and developmentally. The role is to support the young people’s team in developing self-care and independent living skills while helping them to develop the capacity and opportunity to eventually live an independent life in the community.
General Job Description:
The successful candidate will be dedicated and highly motivated; they will already possess high levels of competence and will be able to demonstrate this through their qualification and some experience in meeting regulatory requirements, best practice standards and ultimately an understanding of the varied needs of vulnerable young people.
FutureScape will provide you with in-depth induction, training and a developmental style of professional supervision that is in keeping with the ideology of the service while embracing the individuality of each staff member.
- Candidates for the Social Care Manager positions need to demonstrate at least 3 years experience leading a team in a social care setting. A level 8 Honours Degree in Applied Social Studies or equivalent is preferable for this post. Or a level 7 degree in Applied Social studies or equivalent with more than 4 years experience.
- Where appropriate Acting posts may apply wherein additional supports can and will be provided to support successful candidates within our services.
- Proficient communication skills, IT skills, report writing and planning skills.
- This post is subject to Garda clearance.
- A full clean driving licence is essential for this position as it will require driving to locations.
- Candidates must also have a deep commitment to children’s and young people’s rights and protection and enjoy working in a dynamic and at times challenging environment.
Please forward C.V. and cover letter with reference number (SCM082020) and three references to Patrick Fitzpatrick at: email@example.com
Closing Date: 13th October 2020