Barnardos: Project Worker – Tullamore & Edenderry
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Project Worker – Tullamore & Edenderry
Full time and 12 month Fixed Term contract.
Salary: €30,863 - €47,705 DOE
3 days in Tullamore and 2 days Edenderry (we are flexible on which days)
What do our Tullamore and Edenderry Projects do?
The service offers a range of supports for families, which include individual therapeutic support for children through therapeutic play, group-based therapeutic support for children, parenting support focusing on strengthening and modelling core-parenting skills, and structured parent-child support which aim to enhance and strengthen the parent-child relationship. Parents may be seen with their children and/ or on their own depending on the presenting need. The service operates Monday to Friday
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum Level 7 on the QQI) in one of the following:
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Social Care
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology, Early Years Education).
Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured vehicle essential.
Personal Attributes required
- Commitment to the delivery of quality services to children, young people, families and carers.
- Ability to act on own initiative and consult where appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions in consultation with the line manager when appropriate.
- To be committed to adhering to best practice in the work and be innovative and open to change.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential for this post.
- Ability to form objective relationships with children, young people, families/carers, colleagues and other agencies.
Please note that 2 years of Post Qualifying experience means two years of paid employment after the candidate has graduated in their field of study.
For more information and job description, please check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Closing date; 12pm, Friday 14th August 2020