Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: AIM Classroom Assistant (Part-Time) - Ozanam House
AIM Classroom Assistant
Reference No: AIMCAOH0720
Location: East Region Ozanam House Childcare Centre, Dublin 1
Duration: Specific Purpose Part-Time
Hours: 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday - 9am to 12.00pm
Published: 30th July 2020
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 14th August 2020
The prime purpose of the role is to work directly with a child /children in the Free Pre-school year (ECCE) classroom in our childcare centre. Their role will promote inclusive practice, offering the child/children an opportunity to participate fully in pre-school. The AIM assistant will support the child’s access and inclusion into daily activities and routines while also encouraging group participation. The overall goal is to support them in their educational, social and emotional development for the duration of their time in our pre-school service.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- QQI Level 6 or higher in Early Childhood Care with at least 2 years of professional experience working directly with preschool children in an early years setting
- QQI Level 5 or higher in Special Needs Assistant with at least 2 years of professional experience working directly with children in a similar role
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education including Aistear and Siolta
- Experience of working with this age group in a similar setting
- Experience of working in the community or voluntary sector is an advantage
- Enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families.
- Excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Good ability to work on his/her own initiative and in a team
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer