Limerick Youth Service: Youth Worker (Part-Time)
Limerick Youth Service is a Voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is
“Connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
It offers a range of quality services responding to the needs of young people throughout Limerick City and County.
Limerick Youth Service invites applications for the following position:
Youth Worker (part-time) 18 hours
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of UBU Your Place Your Space programmes managed by Limerick Youth Service. The purpose of the UBU Scheme is to provide out-of-school supports to marginalised, disadvantaged or vulnerable young people (aged between 10 and 24) in their communities enabling them to overcome adverse circumstances and achieve their full potential. These supports will be provided in line with the values, goals, objectives and rules of the scheme and in response to the identified needs of young people.
Essential Qualifications & Experience required
- Education to Degree standard, preferably in Youth Work/Community Development/ Applied Social Care etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Youth work sector.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with young people in a non-formal environment
- Proactive in making decisions that meet organisational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with a wide range of contacts including statutory and voluntary groups.
- High level of motivation to work on own initiative
- Innovative and flexible to respond to changing needs
- Excellent written communication skills & report writing skills.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Car and Full Driving Licence
Interested candidates can download a Job description and application form at the following link: https://limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st August by 5pm
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
Garda vetting will apply