Limerick City Community Development Project: Youth Worker (Part-Time)
Limerick City Community Development Project Ltd.
Wish to recruit for the following position:
Youth Worker (part time)
(And also create a panel for any future positions (full and part time)
The part-time position will be working on the Limerick City Drug Education Prevention Strategy (DEPS) across Limerick City. The DEPS Project works creatively and cooperatively to prevent drug misuse among young people by providing targeted youth work outside of school settings, focused on drug education and prevention, through the provision of activities which support and enhance the personal and social development of at risk and marginalized young persons aged 10-24yrs through voluntary participation.
The successful candidates for the post should have*:
- Minimum of 2+ years Youth Work experience
- A relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of youth initiatives
- Experience in drug prevention, including the delivery of education and training programs
- Experience of engaging hard to reach target groups through creative and tailored individual and group activities and strategies
- Extensive understanding and implementation of Youth Work and Community Development principles
*Full person specification included in job description.
Return completed forms with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24th August 2020 @ 5pm. Short listing will apply
Limerick City Community Development Project Ltd. is an equal opportunities Employer.