Barnardos: Administration Worker (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Part Time (18 hrs per week) and Fixed Term contract to 24th December 2020.
The post holder must work a full day on Fridays but we are flexible on how the rest of the hours are worked.
Salary: €11,280 - €17,474 DOE (this is the pro rata salary for 18 hours)
What will Administration Worker do?
This Administration role will support other staff in our Origins service and will work closely with the Administration Worker for Barnardos Post Adoption and Bereavement services which are also based in the same building in Buckingham Street, Dublin 1.
Barnardos Origins service provides family tracing services to people who spent all or part of their early lives in industrial schools and homes. The service is funded by the Department of Education.
- To provide an efficient and flexible administrative support service in an integrated way with the wider organisation.
- To provide an administrative support service to Barnardos Origins Service specifically and to provide flexible administrative support as required to the other services based in Buckingham Street.
Experience and Qualifications required
Requirements specific to the post
- To assist Origins staff with practical search tasks.
- To be particularly sensitive to the requirements for confidentiality of information.
- To be particularly sensitive to the vulnerable nature of the client group involved.
- To research relevant literature and resources as required.
- To direct the public to our Post Adoption service as required.
- To co-operate closely with other Barnardos administration workers based in Buckingham Street, Dublin and Claregalway and provide cover as necessary.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal with sensitive queries
- Teamwork required and the ability to work in collaboration with others
- Ability to work on own initiative and to consult where appropriate
- Ability to prioritise competing demand
- Flexibility and adaptability in terms of tasks and time is essential for this post.
- Minimum of two year’s direct relevant experience essential.
- Junior Cert or equivalent minimum level of education.
The post holder is initially assigned to work in the Origins service in Buckingham Street, Dublin 1 but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Dublin area in line with organisational needs.
For full job description check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Closing date: 12noon, Friday 7th August 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 18th August in Buckingham Street