Mayfield / The Glen School Completion Programme: Project Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Mayfield / The Glen School Completion Programme
Invites applications for the post of:
Project Worker - 25 hours per week, September 2020 - August 2021
The School Completion Programme (SCP) is a TUSLA funded programme that aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of young people’s retention in primary and second level schools and on numbers of pupils who successfully complete the Senior Cycle, or equivalent.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Qualification in one of the following: education/teaching, youth/community work, social care/science or a related discipline.
- A thorough knowledge of the education system and the factors associated with early school leaving.
- Experience of working with young people within a supportive environment (in one to one settings and in group settings).
- Skills and talents that are transferrable to developing programmes that will engage students at risk of early school leaving. These might include art, sports, music, dance, multimedia, therapeutic interventions etc.
- Knowledge of manualised/evidence based programmes used with young people.
- Excellent communication planning, organisational, networking and report writing skills.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be ICT proficient
- Own transport essential.
Please see Job Description attached below for more information.
Remuneration is based on the CDYSB Post-2011 Youth Work Scale on a Pro Rata basis.
In accordance with The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016, E vetting will be a requirement for the successful candidate.
Applicants for this post should email:
- Application Form only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listing will apply and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Wednesday 12th of August 2020 @2.30pm
Late applications will not be accepted